07 July 2013

Dreams So Real, pt I

These may well some day appear in a story. Some of my more interesting stories started as dream fragments (including my first novel).

[Dream fragment (2013-07-07 AM)]

A Hero Among Hosers

Someone went down a series of tunnels to rescue a baby or animal. They ran a half mile or longer garden hose down the tunnels ahead of them, with the water running. for some reason I now forget. I went down to rescue the water. When I got back, the HEB (Texas grocery store chain) cashier (a redhead, was it Ariella?) was so impressed she told me to pick out a free shirt.

[Dream fragment (2013-07-07 AM)]

From the "Just Like Narnia, Only Totally Different Dept":

I stepped into my closet to get something.
"Unca Miles, there's not enough air in here!"
Kylie was on the floor, coloring.
"Huh?" And why are you in here?"
"There's not enough air flow. It's stuffy. You need better climate control. I like to hide in here and color. But now it's all crowded."
It was then I realized that mixed in amongst my clothes on hangers, a variety pf people stood holding shiny rails, or sat on brightly colored, vinyl bench seats. There were windows; a pleasant city landscape rolled by. My closet was apparently public transportation to somewhere. I decided to go along for the ride.
Looking around the (closet? car? compartment?), I recognized Kylie's oldest sister, Kayla. I snuck up and tickled her. When she turned around to hug me, I noticed the twins, Amanda and Brittany. One of them, of course, was flirting with a stranger. He was cute, but something told he was both gay and over 80, despite acting interested and looking like a teenager.
I stayed out of it.

1 comment:

dandelionfleur said...

I (who am accustomed to strange dreams, must take my hat off to yours. The hat (of course) would also be hanging in the wardrobe.