30 November 2013

Random Dark Thorness

Or is that Random Thar Dorkness?

Random things from seeing Thor: The Dark World tonight with Sharon.

  1. I liked Thor much better in 3D. It was still an excellent movie in 2D, but 3D was a far better experience.
  2. That is the first movie this has been true for me. Josiah said he finds Marvel to always be worth the 3D price.
  3. We went to Flix Brewhouse. I'm sure their beer is good, but I know their coffee is.
  4. The pepperoni / bacon / cheeseburger was really interesting. Not my favorite ever, but I would definitely eat it again. And not just because of BACON.
  5. But still... BACON!
  6. The current Marvel movies' Loki is the Best. Villain. Ever.
  7. At Flix, like Alamo, you order food and eat during the movie. After I finished eating by alternately leaning way forward and by holding my basket under my mouth, I noticed the gal in the seat next to me had pulled the desk/tray all the way to her seat. I didn't realize they did that. I didn't feel too dumb after all the other people saw me play with mine and try theirs.
  8. Since I've also been watching Agents of SHIELD, I have to ask why the Asgardian guards (Asguards?) at the palace had such lame weapons that the dark elves pretty much just rolled over them.
  9. They borrowed a little too obviously from Star Wars in places. Can't blame them, but it was very blatant.
  10. The monochrome plus red comics when the end credits start are brilliant.
  11. I had to cheat and google to see who Don Payne (RIP) and Steve Scott were / are.
  12. I still have no clue which one was Steve Scott.
  13. These are some of my favorite actors, based solely on the Marvel movies.

This is mainly the fault of Jim Kohli and Robert Norris. Well, after Stan Lee, Don Payne, Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Joss Whedon, et al.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will now have to boodle steve scott. ~Lisa

Anonymous said...

google