02 August 2012

Are They Real?

Late last night, on the long, dark, empty stretch of Ranch Road 620, I had an eerie experience.

There was this car. It appeared out of nowhere, about 100 yards behind me. I watched it for a while; it stayed the same distance back. (I'm good at judging speed and distance; it's one of the reasons I survived so many years on motorcycles in Atlanta and Austin.) Eventually I took my eyes off it for a couple of seconds. When I looked again, it was maybe 75 yards away.

I watched a while, up hill and down. No change for at least half a minute. I quit watching a few seconds. Fifty yards away. I did a couple more, shorter glances away. It got to within 25 yards. I kept it in at least my peripheral vision for a few minutes until it gave up and turned off, presumably in search of easier prey.

Weeping angel automobiles. They're out there. Keep your eyes open.

2 comments:

Tonya Mullen said...

Don't blink!

dandelionfleur said...

Weeping Angels take the game red light/green light to a completely different level. Glad you're safe.